Moving Toward Mastery
Toronto, ON, Canada
In our advanced trainings, you’ll collaborate with colleagues in a creative learning community over time to develop the art of designing and leading transformational learning programs that change lives.
You will learn and practice all three aspects of the Creative Empowerment Model: Experiential Learning, Arts-Based Practices, and Leading Edge Facilitation Skills.
Based on the premise that effective facilitators are authentic, creative, responsible, and passionate, the training weaves personal growth with skill building and practice. Advanced Facilitation training is delivered in a variety of formats, from 2 days to 5 sessions, over several months depending on the location.
ART OF FACILITATION
LEAD WITH HEART, MAXIMIZE YOUR IMPACT!
Art of Facilitation (AOF), our international advanced facilitation training, is an in-depth, experiential training for youth workers, facilitators, counselors, trainers, educators, and other leaders of groups and trainings. You’ll learn proven techniques for bringing depth, relevance, and lasting impact to your programs, classrooms, or teams. Embark on a powerful learning journey with a supportive, creative community of fellow change makers.
Art of Facilitation meets one weekend per month from mid-October through mid-February in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
“Everybody who is an educator or who works with young people should take this course. It’s fantastic.”
~ Aimee Eddins, youth worker
Art of Facilitation is enlivening, challenging, and fun. Participants should expect the training to be at times mentally, physically, and emotionally taxing. We have purposely created a rigorous training to make clear the level of skill, commitment, and integrity it takes to become a top-notch facilitator with the power and courage to make a difference.
Those who see working with groups not as “work” but rather as a life path, should feel right at home with the Art of Facilitation.
Lead trainer, Nadia Chaney, is joined by an additional trainer to ensure time for small group practice. Participants form a robust learning community that endures long after the training ends.
- Basic Facilitation Skills: Questioning, processing, listening, authentic speaking, setting context, debriefing, working with a co-facilitator
- Effective Communication: Non-violent, relational, and challenge-based communication; relational and rapport building skills
- Group Dynamics: Understanding what makes groups tick; getting comfortable working with young people, their emotions and issues
- Personal Development: Understanding your triggers; learning how to claim and hold space; understanding your strengths and challenges as a leader
- Cultural Competency: Understanding the dynamics of working with youth and adults from diverse cultures; how to lead culturally responsive programs; how to be an ally for all youth
- Presentation Skills: Getting comfortable speaking in front of groups; projecting your voice; clear communication; being able to think on your feet
- Creative Arts Skills : Using image and metaphor in teaching; how to use arts practices to build strong groups; basic activities from theater, creative writing, poetry, visual arts, music, movement, and rhythm
- Program Design Skills: Understanding the elements of a strong program; how to design experiential learning programs
DATES FOR 2019-2020
- October 18-20, 2019
- November 15-17, 2019
- December 13-15, 2019
- January 17-19, 2020
- February 13-16, 2020
The first four weekends:
- Friday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
The final weekend includes an extra day (February 13-16):
- Thursday, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, 10:00 pm -5:00 pm
- Saturday, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Center for Creative Innovation | 192 Spadina Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Full Rate: CAD$2250
- Early Bird Rate: CAD$2000 – Registration and deposit must be received by July 31 to receive the Early Bird rate.
- Fees includes materials and refreshments. Please plan to bring or purchase lunch.
- Deposit: A deposit of CAD$250 is required with registration to hold your space in this training.
- Tuition Due: Tuition balance will be due in full on October 15.
- Scholarships: Our goal is to make training accessible to anyone who wishes to attend, regardless of financial need. Limited scholarship funds are available for this training. Be sure to indicate that you would like to be considered on your registration form. Scholarship awards will be announced September 15.
- Payment Plan: Payment plans allow you to split your tuition balance into two payments, due October 15 and December 15. Indicate on the registration form if this option is of interest to you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A full refund, less a CAD$50 Admin fee, will be issued for cancellations made more than 1-month prior to a training start date.
- For cancellations of less than 1-month, a full refund minus the CAD$250 deposit.
- Cancellations of less than 2-weeks notice or after the course start date will not be offered a refund.
- Note About Enrollment: A minimum enrollment is required for this training, and if not met by September 30, this training may be cancelled. If cancelled due to lack of enrollment, registration fees will be fully refunded.
Click on the name to read trainer’s bio: