Moving Toward Mastery
Langley (On Whidbey Island, near Seattle), WA, United States
In our advanced trainings, you’ll collaborate with colleagues in a creative learning community over time to develop the art of designing and leading transformational learning programs that change lives.
You will learn and practice all three aspects of the Creative Empowerment Model: Experiential Learning, Arts-Based Practices, and Leading Edge Facilitation Skills.
Based on the premise that effective facilitators are authentic, creative, responsible, and passionate, the training weaves personal growth with skill building and practice. Advanced Facilitation training is delivered in a variety of formats, from 2 days to 5 sessions, over several months depending on the location.
Creative Facilitation 1 Leadership Training
This training prepare participants to lead PYE’s Creative Facilitation 1 Training. It is designed for facilitators connected with our partner programs. Applicants need to have participated in PYE’s Creative Facilitation 1 and 2 Trainings (or equivalent) and been recommended by a partner organization or a PYE facilitator. After the training, depending on your level of skill, you will be prepared to be either a Lead Facilitator of a Co-Lead of PYE’s Creative Facilitation 1 Training.
Over six days, participants will learn:
- The inner architecture of the training and how the parts fit together
- How to lead each aspect of the training
- How to build and maintain an inclusive/equitable space
- The basics of trauma-informed practice
You will also receive coaching in:
- Crafting a personal introduction that builds credibility with your group
- Delivering goals and agreements to foster buy-in
- Communicating in ways that encourage creative risk taking
- Debriefing activities for optimal learning
- Articulating context to create a frame for meaning
- Leading activities with clarity and brevity
- How to work with group energy
- Holding space for emotions
- Ways to address conflict
You are sure to have a stimulating, challenging, and joy-filled experience that will build skills useful in any work you do with groups.
Participants are chosen through an application process. Applicants need to have participated in CF1 and CF2 and been recommended by a partner organization or a PYE facilitator.
- NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- Deposit: Upon being accepted, a deposit of $250 is required to secure your space; click below to make your payment through PayPal.
- Fees include all training materials. You are responsible for travel, accommodations, and meals.
- Tuition Due: Tuition balance will be due in full on August 1, 2020.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- If you cancel more than 30 days prior to the training start date, you will receive a full refund, less a $50 administrative fee.
- If you cancel between 15-30 days prior to the training, you will receive a full refund minus the $250 deposit.
- If you cancel less than two weeks before the training you will not receive a refund unless we can fill your spot.
- If you drop out of the training after the course start date you will not receive a refund.
- Note About Enrollment: We require a minimum enrollment in this training. If this is not met by July 15, we may cancel the training. If we do cancel the training, we will fully refund your registration fee.
- If you are traveling to Seattle for this training, please do not purchase air tickets or accommodations until after July 1, 2020 or until we send you a confirmation that the training will happen.
Click on the name to read trainer’s bio: