Registration and details coming soon!
Creative Facilitation 1 Online is the first workshop in our two-part Fundamentals course. You will gain a toolbox of easy-to-lead activities designed to bring confidence and creativity to your role as a facilitator for groups of all sizes, and a strong sense of what it feels like to have the arts as an ally as you design and lead transformative learning events.
*This is an experiential workshop and you will participate in all activities online through Zoom. To learn how to use Zoom and the technical tools you need to facilitate online see our How to Lead Online trainings.
Working with groups is by definition a creative adventure and the arts can be your greatest ally. In this two-day professional development training you will gain a framework for using arts-based practices to strengthen your effectiveness as a facilitator.
- develop basic skills in using the arts to facilitate groups of all sizes
- learn strategies for engaging a full range of learning styles and bringing out the strengths of group members.
- gain confidence in your own creativity and recognize that you don’t have to be a professional artist to use the arts in your work with people of all ages, particularly youth.
- learn ways to use the arts to enliven learning, deepen reflection, and develop social and emotional life skills
- learn ways to create safe environments for creative exploration
- acquire an easy-to-lead activities based on storytelling, creative writing, visual arts, music, drama, and movement
- learn how to weave multiple art forms into a program
This workshop is for anyone who works with groups of youth or adults as well as for people who simply want to enhance their own creativity: youth workers, educators, artists, trainers, facilitators, business leaders, and the general public.
- To increase creative confidence
- To bring a sense of joy to your work
- To have a set of well-proven creativity-based tools at your fingertips
- To understand how to increase participant commitment and retention