These workshops will enable you to bring possibility and vibrance to your online facilitation using Zoom tools in creative ways. Like all PYE workshops, you will experience activities steeped in the Creative Empowerment Model (CEM), but the primary focus for these trainings is on gaining competence with the specific Zoom tools that will help you bring your online facilitation alive.
We welcome anyone who works with youth or adult groups: youth workers, educators, trainers, program leaders, facilitators, team leaders, plus more. Choose the training that is most appropriate for your current skill level and comfort using Zoom.
This 6-hour training will prepare you to use basic Zoom tools in creative ways in order to create the same lasting impact with your online groups as you do in your in-person programs. We will show you how to leverage Zoom to facilitate programs that deliver a deep, interactive, and connected learning experience. This training is for people who are newer to using Zoom or to facilitating online.
- Zoom Tools. You’ll learn tools you can use in any online program, regardless of the content, format, or audience. This workshop covers the basics such as ‘raise hand,’ and ‘view options,’ as well as more advanced tools such as how to ‘share screen’ and ‘share sound’ effectively, using ‘spotlight’ and ‘pin video’ features, and setting up ‘breakout rooms.
- Participant Engagement. You’ll gain a toolbox of easy-to-lead low risk activities that build a sense of community among participants and help bring even the shyest participants out of their shells. There will also be time for reflecting on participant accessibility and the unique possibilities on zoom for participant engagement.
This workshop will give you a taste of the possibilities inherent in creative online facilitation. The workshop takes place in two 3-hour sessions with lots of time for practice and troubleshooting. Working with these tools takes practice and this workshop will get you started!
- Experience how to build community and connection through creative processes.
- Gain a toolbox of 15 virtual activities that promote group cohesion.
- Maximize collaboration using whiteboards, annotation, Google Jamboard and Slides.
- Unlock the surprising potential of breakout rooms.
- Share slides, video and music seamlessly.
- Learn ways to engage even your quietest participants.
- Explore ways to make your online activities more accessible for your participants.
- Highlight speakers and online group presentations.
- Troubleshoot tech challenges with fellow learners.
SLIDING SCALE REGISTRATION FEE – $125/200/275 USD
Partners for Youth Empowerment employs a Sliding Scale as a tool to promote economic justice and provide access to all. We invite you to self select your registration fee using our Sliding Scale as a guide. Based on where you fall on the sliding scale, you are welcome to choose the rate that works best for you.
If your circumstances do not allow you to attend at our posted rates, you are welcome to request a scholarship though our Scholarship Program. We recognize that along with individual income differences, there are inequalities of the exchange rate in converting to the US dollar around the world.